Monday, June 16, 2014

FâLX çèrêbRi - Pyogenic Organism



Cassette, C10
Label : Graf Haufen Tapes, Germany, 1983
Limited edition of about 50 copies
Ripped by jx


FâLX çèrêbRi (alias Graf Haufen) is an artist I cherish a lot because I saw him performing live (along with Das Synthetische Mischgewebe, Esplendor Geométrico and Laibach) the night I was converted to industrial music in 1986. A few years ago I was wondering what he was becoming until I discovered he was very active on Discogs where he published an interesting little bio :

"A little blurb about myself:
I discovered punk when I was 13, startet my own tape label (Graf Haufen Tapes) when I was 14, releasing music of my own and friends. In 1981 I started publishing "Die Katastrophe", the first tape-review fanzine of Germany. Later I also distributed other peoples tapes and expanded the label rooster internationally. In 1982 my musical tapes shifted more towards experimental music, noise and hardcore electronics. It all came to an end in 1985, when I stopped my label and turned more towards visual art, opening an apartment gallery and working with a professional gallery for two years.
In 1987 I turned towards electronic dance music, with Hip House and Acid developing. Techno, house and ambient became my main diet for the next 12 years. I co-owned a techno/electronic dance music store in Berlin for a few years until it went bankrupt, always providing me with the best the genre had to offer.
As I always listened to various other genre of music (apart from mainstream - that never interested me), I developed a fondness for bar jazz and exotica in the later 1990s. Singer-/Songwriter and intelligent indie pop and rock music are a huge part of my collection too.
After attending concerts by Earth and later Sunn O))) a new door was opened for me. Doom, black metal, white metal, sludge, screamo and a lot of experimental music gave me new kicks.
Music will always be my first love.
I own and operate a video and dvd rental store for unusual and aquired taste for the last 29 years. Mostly I work the office, so I basically listen to music while I'm working for at least 12 hours a day.
I'm always hungry for more...
Will it ever stop?"


Tracklist :

A. Lymphangioma Colli.
B1. Lymphonoduli Aggregati
B2. Ligamentum Hepatoduodenale


3 comments:

Luca said...

One of the best!

Graf Haufen said...

Honored to be on this valuable and highly interesting blog! Glad that people out there are still interested in these old tunes.

Maybe of interest to readers of this blog:
There will a brandnew CD release coming up on Monochrome Vision in Russia in late July/early August 2014 with previously unreleased tracks, errorous experiments, conceptual audio work and a few rare tracks only published on international compilations before.
It is a wild ride and sounds great, being remastered and all.
All material recorded 1984-1986.

Also my old Rite 64 tape (1985) will get a proper re-issue on tape in Japan later this year (hopefully). Honestly it will be sounding better than ever before being completely remastered from the best possible source material.

Anyone with questions, contact me via discogs.

Graf Haufen

tristan.koreya said...

thank you so much Graf for the message and the good news !